Recommended by Patti Cook, RN, BSN, Diabetes Education
Courtesy of USDA MyPlate
The cheesy flavor makes this riced cauliflower feel very indulgent.
- 2 cups grated or finely chopped cauliflower rice (about half a medium head)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Press mixture together to make about 15 small balls or logs and put them on the baking sheet with space between each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. For extra crispy tots, broil for an extra 2 minutes. Watch closely to avoid burning.
Nutrition per serving
- Calories: 107
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Sodium: 296mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 7g
Makes 3 servings
Follow United Hospital Center on Facebook for more recommended recipes shared weekly.
Please note, the information provided throughout this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and video, on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. If you are experiencing related symptoms, please visit your doctor, or call 9-1-1 in an emergency.