Recommended by Garden View Café at United Hospital Center
Courtesy of USDA MyPlate
Fresh broccoli and strawberries are colorful additions to this refreshing summer delight. Lemon dressing brings a bright flavor to this pasta dish.
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli (chopped)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (diced)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or honey)
- poppy seeds (1 teaspoon, optional)
- Cook orzo pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine orzo pasta, broccoli, strawberries, and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with lemon poppy seed vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutrition per serving
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 31mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Makes 6 servings
Follow United Hospital Center on Facebook for more recommended recipes shared weekly.
Please note, the information provided throughout this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and video, on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. If you are experiencing related symptoms, please visit your doctor, or call 9-1-1 in an emergency.