Courtesy of USDA MyPlate
This recipe is a perfect way to use leftover chicken. With just 15 minutes of prep time, this recipe will be ready in a snap. No leftovers? Use the quick tip below for poaching boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You can also use store-bought rotisserie chicken. If you do, keep in mind that it’s already salty and omit the salt in the dressing.
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium red apple, diced
- 1 cup halved red or green grapes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided (toasted if desired)
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, apple, grapes, celery, and half of the walnuts. Stir to coat well.
- Serve topped with the remaining walnuts.
Nutrition per serving
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Sodium: 408mg
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 15g
- Protein: 31g
Makes 4 servings
Follow United Hospital Center on Facebook for more recommended recipes shared weekly.
Please note, the information provided throughout this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and video, on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. If you are experiencing related symptoms, please visit your doctor, or call 9-1-1 in an emergency.