Recommended by Garden View Café at United Hospital Center
Courtesy of USDA MyPlate
While feta cheese is the star of any Greek salad, this recipe contains all of the must-have ingredients for a classic salad that is sure to please.
- 6 romaine lettuces leaves (torn into 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cucumber (medium, peeled, and sliced)
- 1 tomato (medium, chopped)
- 1/2 cup red onion (sliced)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra-virgin)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, and cheese in large serving bowl. Whisk together oil, lemon juice, oregano, and salt in small bowl.
- Pour over lettuce mixture; toss until coated. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving
- Calories: 79
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Sodium: 277mg
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Makes 3 servings
Follow United Hospital Center on Facebook for more recommended recipes shared weekly.
Please note, the information provided throughout this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and video, on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. If you are experiencing related symptoms, please visit your doctor, or call 9-1-1 in an emergency.