Recommended by Garden View Café at United Hospital Center
Courtesy of USDA MyPlate
Pasta salad is a cool and delightful addition to lunch or dinner. It goes with soup or a sandwich.
- 1/2 cup macaroni, cooked
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a medium-size bowl, combine macaroni, onions, cucumbers, and green peppers. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix vinegar, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. If using parsley, add that too.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the pasta. Mix well.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes. Serve cold.
Nutrition per serving
- Calories: 34
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 98mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Makes 6 servings
Follow United Hospital Center on Facebook for more recommended recipes shared weekly.
Please note, the information provided throughout this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and video, on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. If you are experiencing related symptoms, please visit your doctor, or call 9-1-1 in an emergency.