Recommended by Lisa Ashcraft-Carr, MS, RD, LD, Registered Dietitian at United Hospital Center
Courtesy of USDA MyPlate
Veggies are wrapped in foil and cooked on the grill for an easy side dish to your cookout. Do not have a grill? This recipe can also be made in the oven.
- 2 zucchini, small (sliced)
- 2 yellow squash, small (sliced)
- 4 red potatoes, small (scrubbed well and sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced)
- 1/2 bell pepper (red or green, seeded and sliced)
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing, light
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Heat grill to medium heat or 350°F.
- Wash vegetables and slice.
- Toss in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss until all vegetables are coated.
- Tear 2 large squares of aluminum foil and place half of the vegetable mixture on each piece. Place an equal piece of foil over the top of vegetable mixture and fold bottom piece with top sheet to form a packet.
- Place on heated grill for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. If you do not have a grill, bake Veggie Packets in the oven at 400°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Before you open the packets, poke holes in the foil with a fork. Be very careful opening the foil as the steam will be very hot and could burn you!
- Empty vegetables onto serving plate or serve from foil packets.
Nutrition per serving
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 144mg
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 4g
Makes 5 servings
Follow United Hospital Center on Facebook for more recommended recipes shared weekly.
Please note, the information provided throughout this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and video, on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. If you are experiencing related symptoms, please visit your doctor, or call 9-1-1 in an emergency.