Courtesy of USDA MyPlate
It does not get much easier — or more delicious — than this ultra-fast salmon. The sweetness of the maple balances the tangy mustard; smoked paprika or ground chipotle adds another layer of flavor. When you buy your salmon, ask at the fish counter to have the salmon cut into four 4-ounce fillets with the skin removed.
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 4-oz skinless, center-cut, wild-caught salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine mustard, maple syrup, paprika (or chipotle), pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the mustard mixture evenly on the salmon.
- Roast until just cooked through (approx. 8-12 minutes).
Nutrition per serving
- Calories: 148
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 276mg
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 23g
Makes 4 servings
Follow United Hospital Center on Facebook for more recommended recipes shared weekly.
Please note, the information provided throughout this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and video, on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. If you are experiencing related symptoms, please visit your doctor or call 9-1-1 in an emergency.