Recommended by Lisa Ashcraft-Carr, MS, RD, LD, Registered Dietitian at United Hospital Center
Courtesy of USDA MyPlate
For a touch of spice and everything nice, add some canned green chiles to tuna sliders. You will not believe how much flavor this canned staple packs in! With a well-stocked pantry full of canned ingredients, like tuna and green chiles, it is easy to create delicious, homemade meals you can feel good about serving your family and friends.
- 5 oz. canned tuna, packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1 can chopped green chilies (1-4.25 oz. can)
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 6 slider rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In large bowl combine tuna, green chiles, celery, red onion, mayonnaise, and chopped cilantro; toss to mix well.
- Top bottom half of each roll with lettuce leaves; add tuna mixture and top of roll.
Nutrition per serving
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Sodium: 736mg
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 20g
Makes 3 servings
Follow United Hospital Center on Facebook for more recommended recipes shared weekly.
Please note, the information provided throughout this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and video, on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. If you are experiencing related symptoms, please visit your doctor, or call 9-1-1 in an emergency.